Twitter is taking the social media world by storm with no signs of slowing down in the future. As flocks of media heads join Twitter daily, staying afloat amidst a sea of tweeters requires more effort. Here are a few tips to help take your account to the next level:
1. Announce to existing networks of your recent transition to Twitter using existing social media platforms. Post a Facebook status making friends aware of your social endeavors and invite them to follow along and join in. Who’s better in supporting your than your existing and loyal connections?
2. Be in the right space, talking to and with the right people. Put yourself in a Twitter space that is well suited to your industry, personal interests, and/or goals. The point is to create and maintain connections with like-minded individuals and groups in hopes of increasing reach and influence. Try to only follow accounts that lead you in the right direction.
3. #Hashtags are key. Know what’s happening with popular and trending hashtags is vital. Use hashtags to join in to top conversations, ultimately increasing your social visibility. Know of an interesting topic that will immediately cause a buzz? Create a hashtag. As more people catch on, more people are introduced to your account.
4. Tweet and retweet everyone. From Fortune 500 CEOs to the next-door neighbor; if the information or statement is legitimate and authentic, share it! Interact with individuals on all levels. Take an active approach and watch your account come alive. Tweeters are more likely to promote your account if they know you will support them in return.
5. Content is king. Keep your audience interested by posting great content, specifically photos. Research shows that tweets have higher rate of activity with an image attached. Refrain from repetitive information and exhausted trends opting for something more original.
Which leads to the final yet most important tip:
6. Be 100% genuine. Profiles are proven to be more attractive when tweets and information are unadulterated. In this social world, it is important to come off as personable and genuine. Robotic jargon comes off as extremely suspicious and will likely cause many to question the validity of you and your account. Refrain from repetitive and exhausted information.
Use these steps to improve your overall Twitter experience and come to really appreciate the site, and the connections that it creates. Being in the right space and speaking to the right people about the right things are the basic elements necessary to building a great account. Stop the endless chatter and unlock your full Twitter potential today. The effort is definitely worth the results.