Social Media and Engagement Marketing is a double edged sword for those who don’t know how to execute properly. It can be limiting to most brand marketers without them even knowing it.
Social Media allows brands to reach a new audience instantly and to enhance and create a brand persona. However, a lot of marketers focus only on creating those relationships with their customers and sometimes get blinded by the possibilities. Those that think that way are prohibiting themselves from putting this tool to work for their brand(s).
A powerful relationship that can be created via social media (and is often overlooked) are brand partnerships – also known as “partner marketing.” In a way, it is the new form of brand sponsorships. It allows a brand to create a relationship with an existing brand and to tap into an existing audience.
Five Ideas for a Brand Partnership Campaign
1. Have a brand “sponsor” your contest – this is pretty self explanatory. Next time you are thinking of running a contest, talk to some brand appropriate partners to become a part of it. They win by getting exposure for their brand with your current audience. Make sure you choose a brand that has an audience similar to your contest goals. For example: if you are wanting to expand to a younger audience, think about partnering with a urban product/brand to introduce yourselves to.
2. Get involved with a popular cause – there are many benefits to your brand by getting involved with a cause. However, by doing this and leveraging it socially, you are not only creating a relationship with a new audience, you are deepening the loyalty with your current audience.
3. Syndication strategy – If you don’t have the time and resources to create a full brand partnership campaign, you can always test out the partnership by creating a syndication strategy with a desired brand. Cross-promotion can be done on Twitter successfully by leveraging hashtags to link the branded tweets together. Whether it is agreeing to promote a product or an event, you could see big results from this quick marketing enhancement.
4. Limited time product offers – Set up a limited time discount code/product offer for your brand partner to promote to their audience socially. Allow your brand partner to have exclusive rights on promoting it.
5. Guest Blog – You can get creative with this and it can be a nice addition to your marketing efforts. Creating and managing a blogging strategy is VERY time consuming. Guest blogging is a nice way to dip your toe into the blogging waters to gain the benefits. Star by finding a brand blog that is relevant to your brand or blogging goals. Partner as becoming a guest blogger (or vice versa) to gain awareness with the readers. Work out a monthly schedule to become a trusted voice among the audience and track all referring traffic to determine success.
You might also like these blogs